manufacture engineering support
Design for Manufacturing (DFM). Design for Cost (DFC). Design for X (DFX). Regardless of which term your industry uses, SWEMCO utilizes proven technical resources in designing products at the least cost. Our engineers are proactive in identifying potential problems. Process controls, statistical analysis, first article review and first pass yield maximization all contribute to developing the most robust and reliable manufacturing process possible.
SWEMCO offers project management service addressing Customer needs from “cradle to grave.” SWEMCO’s degreed engineering staff will assist in defining the project specification, completing proof of principle protocols, assembling validation units, manufacturing prototypes and supporting submission for UL CAE or other required certifications. SWEMCO will support your needs from the idea to commercialization.
SWEMCO sustaining engineering services may extend your products life cycle by remaining competitive in a fast paced, changing environment. This includes: engineering product improvements for additional functionality; designing out material obsolescence; meeting new regulatory requirement like ROHS or REACH; creating test platform for greater reliability; and on-going cost-downs to improve profitability.
SWEMCO is keenly aware of the benefits of a sound design for manufacturability review. We offer DFM courses to customers’ internal engineering departments, where we also review our extensive experience with layout design of complex, high-density printed circuit boards, inclusive of BGAs, high layer counts, controlled impedance, thermal requirements and EMI noise reduction.
- RoHS Conversion and Design
- Microprocessor System Design
- Mechanical System Design
- Computer-Aided PCB Layout
- Digital Design and Development
- Analog System and Circuit Design
- Software and Firmware Development
- Chassis and Enclosure Design
- Prototype Development and Fabrication
- Through Hole to Surface Mount Conversion
- Design and Manufacturability Review
- Testability Review
- On-Board Programming of ISP Devices
- Failure Analysis
- Temperature Cycling
- System Level Stress Testing
- Functional Test Development
- System Level Test Integration